26 February 2007
24 February 2007
23 February 2007
1. Gathering of Eagles is non-partisan. While each member has his or her own political beliefs, our common love and respect for America and her heroes is what brings us together.
2. We are a non-violent, non-confrontational group. We look to defend, not attack. Our focus is guarding our memorials and their grounds.
3. We believe that the war memorials are sacred ground; as such, we will not allow them to be desecrated, used as props for political statements, or treated with anything less than the solemn and heartfelt respect they–and the heroes they honor–deserve.
4. We are wholly and forever committed to our brothers and sisters in uniform. As veterans, we understand their incredible and noble sacrifices, made of their own accord for a nation they love more than life itself. As family members, we stand by them, and as Americans, we thank God for them.
5. We believe in and would give our lives for the precious freedoms found in our Constitution. We believe that our freedom of speech is one of the greatest things our country espouses, and we absolutely hold that any American citizen has the right to express his or her approval or disapproval with any policy, law, or action of our nation and her government in a peaceful manner as afforded by the laws of our land.
6. However, we are adamantly opposed to the use of violence, vandalism, physical or verbal assaults on our veterans, and the destruction or desecration of our memorials. By defending and honoring these sacred places, we defend and honor those whose blood gave all of us the right to speak as freely as our minds think.
22 February 2007
19 February 2007
Photo of the DNC Ethics Committee Building, Alexandria, Virginia
" Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, ‘he that is not with me is against me’. The idea that you can somehow remain aloof from and superior to the struggle, while living on food which British sailors have to risk their lives to bring you, is a bourgeois illusion bred of money and security…
What I object to is the intellectual cowardice of people who are objectively and to some extent emotionally pro-Fascist, but who don’t care to say so and take refuge behind the formula ‘I am just as anti-fascist as anyone, but—’. The result of this is that so-called peace propaganda is just as dishonest and intellectually disgusting as war propaganda. "
Because I need the best browser to do the best selling.
This week starts the annual purge of junk from the office.
Old games, collectibles, stamps, cast off hardware
and anything else worth a buck will end up on Ebay.
The last of the record collection will finally go also.
18 February 2007
For extra credit you can do a report on Conservative Actresses in Hollywood. Now why would that be a rare breed. Oh yeah. Willingness to sell self, ideals, or flesh in exchange for money may be more specifically a liberal value.
16 February 2007
14 February 2007
13 February 2007
"This story starts with an "anti-terrorism rally" held last October on campus by the College Republicans. To emphasize their point, students stomped on Hezbollah and Hamas flags. According to the college paper, the Golden Gate (X)Press, members of Students Against War and the International Socialist Organization showed up to call the Republicans "racists," while the president of the General Union of Palestinian Students accused the Repubs of spreading false information about Muslims.
In November, the Associated Students board passed a unanimous resolution, which the (X)Press reported, denounced the California Republicans for "hateful religious intolerance" and criticized those who "pre-meditated the stomping of the flags knowing it would offend some people and possibly incite violence."
Now you know that there are students who are opposed to desecrating flags on campus -- that is, if the flags represent terrorist organizations.
noted were ..."allegations of attempts to incite violence and create a hostile environment," as well as "actions of incivility."
should they .... put up a sign that reads: Conservatives need not apply.
other docs cite that: The letter noted, "Burning an American flag as part of a political protest is expression protected by the First Amendment." And: "Speech does not constitute incitement if a speaker's words result in violence because people despise what the speaker said and wish to silence him or her."
The university Spokesperson: "The university stands behind this process."
09 February 2007
06 February 2007
I wish I had something quite cogent to add to that. I could post more about debates of the day, but I needed a positive post or two in here. Let this serve as reminder first to me and any reading (both of you) that life is performed, not watched.
05 February 2007
Global Warming is not due to human contribution of Carbon Dioxide
The Cold, Hard Facts?
By Timothy Ball
Monday, February 5, 2007
Global Warming, as we think we know it, doesn't exist. And I am not the only one trying to make people open up their eyes and see the truth. But few listen, despite the fact that I was the first Canadian Ph.D. in Climatology and I have an extensive
background in climatology,
Its been sung before. Let me remind you of the previous verses to the sicko song: DDT, Greenhouse Gasses, Freon, Aerosol Cans, CFCs, etc. etc. I'm not sure who all's pushing truth, but the mainstream media and PBS and the History Channel even are giving out free samples of Kool-Aid. Do you believe in Global Warming ? Does that sound like a science question to you ?
02 February 2007
01 February 2007
ST. PAUL — The boyfriend of a pregnant 18-year-old woman smirked and posed for an apartment building security camera before brutally beating her, causing her to miscarry, according to a complaint filed against the man.
The Minnesota man was charged with second-degree murder on Tuesday in the death of his girlfriend's unborn child, marking rare use of a state law that allows a murder charge even though the mother survived. The couple also has a 6-month-old child together.
Dino M. Scott, 20, smirked and made an obscene gesture on camera before he beat Namrata Ceisel on Sunday, the criminal complaint alleged. She later suffered a miscarriage.
Scott was charged with murder of an unborn child in the second degree, plus third-degree assault.
if all this is true, why is abortion legal ?