24 December 2005

WINTERTIME at the SUMMER RESORT

VA BEACH

I had to go to Virginia Beach the other day on business. To the average man there isnt much more depressing than a beach town in the dead of winter. Here's pix of the empty cold sand, that stretches off into the distance like a highway leading to Gloomtown. Imagine a beach bum in a long winter coat. Imagine the swimsuit clerk in a big sweatshirt. Imagine the only tourists around are from like Nunavut, because to them, its warm here. Anyways the Egyptoid hates the cold time of this season. I feel like every winter I go through just takes another year off of my life. It doesnt depress me, because my peace resides of a surety, but that doesnt mean I have to celebrate like some do.


What business was I on in Va Beach? What did I have to do there I could not accomplish on the Va.Peninsula? What do they sell here that comes from no place else? There's plenty of boutiques near my residence. Its a secret, not necessarily related to Christmas, either.

1 comment:

RevDave said...

"I feel like every winter I go through just takes another year off of my life."

Good one! It nearly slipped by, but I did catch it! You had me feeling sorry for you until I realized that every winter that passes me by takes a year off my life!